2022 Sunset snorkelling treasure challenge
Over the past two years, many of you visited us in our Family Boat Trip. A lot of couples and groups of friends asked for a Meet the Sea experience for adults only. Since then, we have tried to deliver an experience that would keep the soul of the family experience but would add an element of innovation and challenge for an adult audience. All levels of swimmers are welcome!
“Edutainment” is the word that guides our philosophy. Educating about the sea and entertaining at sea is our objective, in order to strengthen our ties with the subject of our company. The Sunset snorkelling treasure challenge is a a new way to discover the depths of the ocean, its beauty and the wellbeing that we receive when embraced by it. Let’s see what awaits you when you join us this summer:
- Preparing the challenge: Shortly after we leave harbour, our guide will prepare you for the afternoon’s activities. A brief presentation on the way to our secluded creek will show you in pictures the species that you will find underwater: sea urchins, posidonia, ornate wrasse, sea cucumbers, and many more. Here you have to use your memory skills to retain as many as you can! The challenge consists in improvising teams that, GOPRO in hand, will endeavour to capture in images a certain number of species underwater. The team that gets a full and clear picture of every species will get the chance to find our treasure…and its prize
2. Jump into the sea with our GOPRO cameras: Every level of swimmer can participate. Our guide will conduct a brief demo in the water to improve your free diving technique for those who want it…Or, if you are a beginner and want a life vest to take part in the challenge, do not worry, you can do so. The challenge is a fun way to discover beauty under water, to snorkel and swim and to feel the afternoon sunday’s in the water…
3. Find that Treasure! The team that brings back to the boat the photos first gets the hints and clues to search for the treasure. Where is it hidden? What is in it?
4. A history of Ibiza 60’s to 90’s music: During our four hours at sea, a soft, sunset selection of Ibiza songs plays in the background. What is an Ibiza song? Local journalist and music historian Juan Suárez has generously contributed to the Sunset challenge by selecting a list of great musicians and their songs. Songs that were composed when the author was in Ibiza and were influenced by the island. You will be surprised by the list, the quality and the history of every song!
5. Appetisers and toast to the sunset..in a boho-chic boat: To finish off our sunset, delicious appetisers and a cocktail are served as the sun goes down. Relax. Look round you. The boat’s decor is conceived by star designer of high society events Toni Riera, who is always there to lend a hand to concepts deeply committed to his native San Antonio.
Meet the Sea awaits you. Bookings are already accepted for Sunset challenges from June 2, 2022.